Recover your wasted heat and put it to work where you need it most—as a replacement for purchased fuel.
Your industrial processes generate wasted heat that is typically released into the environment. ARMSTRONG+COMBITHERM Heat Pumps help you increase efficiency and reduce your carbon footprint by allowing you to recover that wasted heat for use where you need it most—in your manufacturing process.
ARMSTRONG+COMBITHERM Industrial High-Temperature Heat Pump Brochure
Simply stated, heat is transferred by pumping a working fluid between two heat exchangers in a cycle of evaporation and condensation.
- The working fluid enters a low-temperature heat exchanger, or evaporator, where it evaporates at low pressure and absorbs heat from a heat source such as chilled water / cooling tower water / any consistent waste heat.
- A compressor is then used to increase pressure and raise the temperature of the working fluid to the required condensing temperature.
- The working fluid enters the high-temperature heat exchanger as a high-temperature vapor. There, it releases the previously absorbed heat to the heat sink by condensation at high pressure, leaving as high-temperature liquid, or hot water.
The heat pump is also known as a heat recovery chiller when waste heat in returned chilled water is used as a source in the heat pump evaporator.
- Semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors or semi-hermetic compact screw compressors as single or tandem version, with stepped or continuously variable power control
- Semi-hermetic compact screw compressors, stepped or continuously variable capacity control
- All Compressors with special working fluid oil and comprehensive oil management (oil separator, oil level monitoring, and oil heater), check valve, integrated protection device, shut-off valves, vibration dampers, start unloading
- Brazed plate heat exchanger for small working fluid filling quantity and low temperature difference for efficient operation
- Tube and shell heat exchanger for high capacity, multiple working fluid circuits in one device, inspection opening for cleaning
- Electronic inline pumps with integrated frequency converter, piping and all necessary attachments, including flow monitor, strainer, stop valve, check valve and sensors
- Electromagnetic expansion valve for optimal working fluid injection
- PLC regulation with touch panel for visualization of refrigeration cycle, duty point, limitations of use, temperatures, pressures, and clear text fault messages in case of malfunctions
- Periphery control
- Communication protocol and remote control on demand
Electrical Control Cabinet
- Panels adhere to industrial standards, including, switches, safety components and wiring
- Touch screen HMI
- Pressure switches
- Pressure transmitter
- Freeze control switch
- Refrigeration piping within the unit, including filter dryer, inspection glass, working fluid collector with inspection glass and shut-off valve, working fluid filling
- All units are built on stable profile frame with vibration dampers
Additional Accessories and Attachments
- Sound-absorbing and weather proofed housing
- Capacity control by frequency converter
- Additional compressor cooling
- Individual coat of lacquer
- Collection tray
- COP monitoring system