This configuration is recommended when the available supplied water has low or medium hardness.
For additional information, please consult the EvaPack™ IOM manual: EvaPack ™ Series Evaporative Pad Adiabatic Humidifier/Cooler Installation for RW and DW Configuration.
- Water enters the basin, passing through the filling valve (1). The water level detector (7) controls the basin (2) filling, the pump (3) starting-up and the fill valve opening.
- The recirculation water pump (3) supplies water to the different dispersion manifolds (5). The water flow of each cassette (6) is adjusted with a manual gate valve (4). Calibrated orifices deliver water evenly over each media pad (6).
- Dry air passes through a corrugated bank of wetted cells media (6). Air is cooled and humidified.
- Excess water washes the evaporative pad, then falls (with minerals) into the water tank.
- Excess minerals are drained by the draining valve, minimizing water consumption and media scaling.