Achieve more effective, dependable cooling and precise control of relative humidity with EvaPack™ from Armstrong International.
Boost your efficiency and lower your PUE with EvaPack™, Armstrong’s best-in-class data center cooling and humidification solution. Our dependable, low-maintenance evaporative pad humidifier ensures effective cooling and precise control of relative humidity in your data center, while reducing energy use for substantial cost savings.
EvaPack™ is Simple, Smart and Adaptable
- Installation is quick and easy
- Works with various types of water, including: potable, reverse osmosis or soft
- Compact design has a maximum footprint of 236.2 in [600 mm]
- 23.6 in [60 cm] depth including droplet separator
- No absorption distance
- Water connections are on the side
- Draining and overflow connections: 1.5 in [40 mm]
Energy Savings and Efficiency
- Designed to maximize efficiency and minimize pressure drop.
Example: For a 294,288.8 CFM [500 000 m3/h] airflow, a pressure drop difference of 0.2”WC [50 Pa] represents a saving of 67,500 kWh per year ($7,630.88 [6,750€]/year at $.01 [0,01€]/kWh).
- EvaPack™ uses heat present in the air for humidifying and cooling, resulting in lower energy consumption
- Optimized to provide the highest air/water contact surface—up to 12% more than traditional evaporative pads
The Optimized Water Contact Surface Helps Achieve a Low PUE
EvaPack™ energy consumption:
+ 0W to 250W
PUE = Total Facility Energy
IT Total Equipment Energy
Designed for Flexibility and Customization
- Size and configuration can be tailored for your requirements
- Available for AHU, duct, fan wall, direct or recirculated water applications
- From approximately 3.8 ft2 to 96.8 ft2 [0.36 mÇ to 9.00 mÇ] in one piece assembly.
- Low-maintenance, Easy to Clean and Service
- Cassettes are accessible from the side, or from the front for larger sizes, which reduces the requested replacement space. Cassette maintenance can be finished within seconds.
- Water pump, water level detector, and manual gate valves are accessible on the service side for simplified maintenance. Elements are easy to disassemble, clean, and reassemble.
Safe, Hygienic and Efficient
- No glue or hazardous substances
- No fiber loss
- Encrusted silver ions prevent bacterial proliferation
- VDI 6022 certified for use in hygienic installations.
- High moisture absorptive capability
- Minimum pressure drop
Precise Control and Water Savings
In direct water configuration with a reverse osmosis (RO) water supply, EvaPack™, used in conjunction with Armstrong’s wide rangeability water valves, allows proportional control of humidification by injecting the exact quantity of water needed for the cooling process—with no wastewater.
EvaPack™ Series Certifications
- Contains no harmful substances. Complies with the Directive Restriction of Certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) 2011/65/UE (2002/95/CE). Based on independent tests carried out by SGS Consumer Testing Services (IAS accredited).
- UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification ensures that EvaPack™ meets stringent, health-based criteria designed to help prevent exposure to harmful chemical emissions and VOCs in indoor environments.*
- No fiber loss in the air flow from EvaPack™ evaporative pad. Based on independent tests carried out by SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden.
- EvaPack™ evaporative pads are noncombustible according to Euro Class A1. Based on EN ISO 1716:2011 and UNE EN ISO 1182:2011 independent tests carried out by Applus+Laboratories.
- EvaPack™ Evaporative Pads are UL Certified Standard 900 for air filters, ensuring that the amount of smoke generated, and the combustibility of air filter units, are within UL standards.*
*Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is a global, not-for-profit safety science company, and the largest and oldest independent testing laboratory in the United States.
- Designed according to VDI 6022 Hygienic standards. All nonmetallic parts fulfil requirements from the VDI 6022, Part 1 (04/2006) in microbial inertness and are suitable for use in HVAC systems. Based on EN ISO 846 independent tests carried out by IHL BERLIN Institute for Hygiene.