Custom-engineered to deliver high-efficiency heating, cooling and hot water generation.
ARMSTRONG+COMBITHERM Industrial High-Temperature Heat Pumps provide a fundamental solution for superior thermal efficiency, de-steaming, and decarbonization by reclaiming your wasted heat and putting it to work where you need it most—as a replacement for purchased fuel. Whether your goal is cutting energy costs, reaching net zero, or both, ARMSTRONG+COMBITHERM will carry you into the future.
Looking for in-depth information on Industrial High-Temperature Heat Pumps?
ARMSTRONG+COMBITHERM Industrial High-Temperature Heat Pumps Are at the Heart of Thermal Decarbonization
Our Industrial High-Temperature Heat Pumps allow reuse of low-temperature heat (< 50°C [122°F]) that is rejected by process and cooling systems and currently wasted in most industrial plants. Through the refrigeration cycle of the heat pump, hot water temperature is increased at relatively high levels—up to 120°C (248°F). Using waste heat in the production of hot water for high-temperature cleaning or process applications replaces steam or hot water currently generated by burning fossil fuels, which can significantly reduce primary energy use by light industry facilities.
Higher Than 100% Efficiency
In a steam or electrical heating system, the amount of heat produced is a portion of the energy consumed to produce it, so efficiency is less than 100%. The ARMSTRONG+COMBITHERM Heat Pump extracts wasted heat from a heat source (chilled water / cooling tower water / any consistent waste heat) and raises the temperature to a useful level. Because the amount of heat produced is not dependent on the amount of energy consumed, efficiency can surpass 100%.
Tailor-Made for Your Industry and Requirements
Your ARMSTRONG+COMBITHERM Industrial High-Temperature Heat Pump Package will be an integrated solution that is built for your specific project and application. We understand that every facility is different, so Armstrong’s specialists will conduct the engineering studies necessary to determine the best configuration to address your unique needs.
The result will be a complete, integrated package that includes evaporator, condenser, compressor, expansion valve and green working fluid, as well as water heater, digital recirculating valve, flow and BTU meters, frame, housing, and more.
Features and Benefits
- Tailor-made heat pumps, heat recovery chillers, special applications
- Special heat exchanger materials for various mediums
- Position and execution of connections according to customer requirements
- CAD construction and CFD simulation
- Adapted design for replacement or special insertion
A Full Range of Accessories
- Additional equipment, such as pumps, valves, sensors, buffer vessels
- Integrated on the machine or supplied separately
- Adaption of frame size to accommodate special conditions
- Sound-isolating and weather-proofed housing
- Container installation or truck-mounted aggregates
Precision Electrical Design
- Electrical cabinet attuned to all components and accessories
- Control by Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Data input and output via touch panel
- Extensive visualization of refrigeration circuit and periphery
- All common communication protocols like Modbus, Profibus, Profinet and BACNet